Environment Setup for Vue JS
Procedure for Installation:
- Use the <script> tag inside the html file.
- Download VueJS from this site https://vuejs.org/v2/guide/installation.html, as per ur need.
- There are two versions:- production version and development version.
- The Development version will help with the warnings and debug mode while the production version is minimized.
- Here is the snapshot for the same.
By Using CDN
- From the CDN library also we can start using the VueJS file.
- For learning purposes, we can use the latest version with:
By Using NPM
- When using the large scale application it is recommended to install the npm package.
- It comes with module bundlers such as Browserify and Webpack, which helps in development.
- To install npm, use the following command:
- npm install vue
By Using CLI
- CLI is provided by VueJS to install view and for getting started with server activation.
- For installation using CLI, we require to have CLI installed in our device which is done with the following command:
- npm install –global vue-cli
- After installation, it will show the CLI version of VueJS.
- To create a project using Webpack, the following is the command:
- vue init webpack myproject
- Finally to get started, use the following command:
- cd myproject
- npm install
- npm run dev
- After the execution of npm run dev, it starts the server and provides the url for a display to be seen in the browser which is as shown in the following snapshot.